Monday, July 27, 2009

I. am. so. tired.

Since 2a.m., my 2 1/2 month old has behaved as if he had a double shot of espresso before bedtime. No idea what's wrong with the wild little guy, but he has worn me out! Of course it would be like this on grocery shopping day, right? Grocery shopping already tires me slap out, but today nearly did me in. I had just told Julie that he would sleep the entire time I shopped. Hmmph. I speed-shopped at 4 stores, carried him through 2 of them while I pulled the other little dude in the buggy (aka shopping cart), & stopped to feed him twice. I usually only feed him once & take my dear sweet time getting the goods. Hmmph. Not today.

Hopefully no parents are reading this because my last stop today was to fix up care packages for them. That was fun, but hard because of you-know-who with the apparent caffeine overdose. Chuck C. & I have great parents who we love dearly, but neglect terribly. So, as a very small gesture of appreciation I fixed up little containers of snacks for them. In our family nothing says "I love you" like junk food!! These are lacking much in comparison to my usual care packages (which I love putting together), but I remind you again that I had the 17-pound infant on my hip & the very loud toddler in the cart. The parentals will heart them regardless. They're sweet like that!!

This one is for my daddy & mama:


This one is for Chuck C.'s mom:



It's bathtime for the boys so I'm off to get soaked!!

2 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Man, I need some of that baby's energy! :) Those care packages are a great idea...I might steal it.

Jeanette said...

I love basket number 2! Weight watchers muffins are yummo AND crystal light - AWESOME! Can I be your adoptive parent?!

Praying you get some sleep tonight. I remember those sleepless nights and days like they were yesterday. Just remember that there is a little revenge when they are teens and they have to get up early :}