Saturday, July 11, 2009

Welcome Home!

Recently, my much-needed & well-seasoned bar pan suffered some irreparable damage (I dropped a fat Starbucks mug on it & split it in 3 pieces...the mug is unscathed.) Blessed am I, though, because my MIL is a Pampered Chef consultant with a full understanding of the bond between a woman & her PC stoneware. She made my day (I woo-hooed loudly!!) when she gave me a brand spankin' new pan for my birthday last week! I have not, however, had a chance to use it yet. Today is the day!




Now if you're bothered by the word "love" being used to describe feelings for an object instead of a person, please read no further. I do know what love is about so don't be concerned for me. I also know what fun is about so I'm going to have a little of it right here.


Bar Pan of mine,


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!


1 - B A C O N -insert Hallelujah chorus- (I do, occasionally, fry up some real bacon in the skillet, but most of the time I cook turkey bacon in the oven.)



2 - Glazed Sweet Potatoes (I'll be making some today for my aunt whose sweet husband just went home to be with His Jesus this week. Then, I'll make another batch tomorrow for my MIL who had surgery yesterday & needs to eat soft foods.)



3 - Seasoned Potato Wedges (Can you call them fries if they're not really fried? Either way, I usually cut up & season real potatoes. Sometimes I cheat with some frozen Ore-Idas, though.)



4 - Pumpkin Bars (Thanks to Sarah, I have a new fall/Thanksgiving must-have treat! Click here to get her recipe.)


The list could go on, my precious stone, but this will do for your welcome home!




Does anyone else love/like/enjoy Pampered Chef products?

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I LOVE my PC products!! I have had multiple PC bridal showers too and my sil's love their products too :}

I know the love you can have for PC products!!

Anonymous said...

I have that pan . . . got it on sale and bought two!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Yes, you read right about Cameron not being able to swim for the remainder of the summer. This punishment was preceded by many others prior to its being put into place. Cameron was warned that if he did what warranted such a punishment again he would lose all of his swimming privileges for the summer. Not five days went by and he chose to commit the "deed" again. I would much rather he being able to swim . . . hovever, he made his choice.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I LOVE my PC stoneware. The last time I broke one I wanted to cry because it was seasoned so well!

And now I'm hungry for pumpkin bars in July :)