Hmmmph. Don't fall for it. They're evil.
They went here yesterday...

and brought some of these...

to my house.
See? How wrong is that?
These seemingly harmless people are my parents & I think they were feeling sorry for me. I told you here that as quickly as the torn Christmas wrap could be thrown away my husband would be back to work. Well, it's been much worse than we expected. Until this morning, I had seen Chuck C. a total of approximately 2 hours since Christmas Day. This morning, we went to church together & then to Bojangles drive-thru for a quick lunch in the car. That was the first time we've eaten together at all since Christmas. As you can imagine, it was quite romantic. Ha! As soon as we got home, Chuck C. changed clothes & left for work. The boys & I will probably be in bed before he gets home.
So, yesterday my parents catered to my need for comfort food. Let me just tell you, it certainly comforted! Mmmm hmmm. (Please don't lecture me with 2 Corinthians 1:2-4, y'all! I know. I know.) It was really spending some down time with my parents that made me feel better. The munchkins didn't hurt, though. Thanks, Daddy & Mama!!
Y'all do know I needed something to wash down the sugary goodness, right? Well, ain't nothin' slack about my parental units. They also brought me one of these...

BLESS THEM!
Inside the cup was a touch of vanilla & this...

With all of my heart I love Sonic's Vanilla Root Beer!
HOWEVER, I HAVE RECEIVED DEVASTATING NEWS ABOUT MY BELOVED DRINK OF CHOICE. Did y'all know that Barq's root beer has the dreaded CAFFEINE??????? As I sat in Sonic's drive-thru on New Year's Day, my husband (on the cell phone) shared this recent discovery with me. It is a moment I will not soon forget. TRAUMA, Y'ALL, TRAUMA. Do you realize how many gallons of Barq's root beer I have downed in my baby's life? This matters because my baby is nursed. In my case, this means he is pumped full of caffeine! Have mercy.
If you should wonder, yes I drank the one my parents brought & then said "farewell".
Sniff. Sniff.
I think I'll go eat some leftover munchkins & read 2 Corinthians 1:2-4.
2 comments:
What sweet parents you have! Parents are awesome, they always know just what we girls need!
Aren't parents awesome?! And they do look so innocent....
Post a Comment