Thursday, December 10, 2009

Peeking out from underneath the laundry pile...

...to post some pics of my boys.

Last Friday, we visited Santa at our local mall. The boys were obviously distracted & did not care that I wanted a picture of them.




















Wonder who they get that from??






















As expected, our big boy cried while on Santa's lap, but had a nice conversation with him after the mighty expensive picture was taken. Of. course.

Baby Boy thought Big Boy was funny & Santa thought it was funny that Baby Boy laughed at Big Boy. Have mercy.

There was a new Santa this year & we really liked him. Last year's Santa was fine, but a little too "business" for me. This year's Santa almost had me convinced that he was THE ONE. He was so cute & jolly! I would've believed he was on his way home to the North Pole had he not given out rubber ducks as parting gifts. Is that not a strange souvenir from a visit with Santa? Mind you, those ducks are white with winter clothing, but I still found it to be slightly odd.


















We had such a fun time that we will treasure forever in our memory bank. We always try to get in some "just us" time in early December so that we can enjoy the rest of our family when the actual day arrives. This is Chuck C.'s busiest time of year. The plant where he works shuts down every Christmas & almost everyone that works there gets a week long break. That's when Chuck & a few other employees do their hardest work of the year. He'll be working Christmas Eve day, then going in super early the day after Christmas to work his backside off. Bless his heart, I'm sure he won't be sitting AT ALL. Hopefully many people will enjoy the long weekend this year since Christmas falls on a Friday, but we'll be back at it early Saturday morning. That's right, I'll be working, too, & my 2 little bosses won't be letting me sit AT ALL either!

Anybody else out there trying to make the most out of "now" because you'll have your nose to the grindstone the day after Christmas?

Hope you're all already enjoying the music, the lights, & the joy of this special season! For goodness sake, don't wait until the "day" to make memories with your peeps. Take advantage of every single moment with the ones you love!

Now, before 2 of my loved ones wake up I better return to the bottom of the laundry pile! If you don't hear from me by Monday, please send help! It's likely that I'll suffocate under there.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh girl, you are too funny! I am so thankful for naptime! I am glad you had a great Santa trip, I expect mine will cry too, glad to know I'm not the only one. Rubber duckies are a bit odd, what about candy canes? We are just now beginning to make the most of now. My Preacher Man is on Seminary break for a month and we are taking in every moment before he stuffs his head back into the books! YAY for Christmas time! And, I must add that big brother has the most beautiful head of hair I've ever seen! So sweet!

i Trading Tricks said...

Cute - Naughty - Funny.
I love them.
Hey - I am waiting for my First Child