My prayer is that by the time I'm titling a post Twenty Eleven I'll be a different person. That's my hope & goal & whatever-you-want-to-call-it for this year. Just to be different than I am.
I am self-centered.
I am always right.
I am in too big of a hurry.
I am disorganized.
I am judgmental.
I am mouthy.
I am moody.
I am irritable.
I am tired.
I am NOT a reflection of Christ.
This year, I want to be what I am NOT.
Many times my preacher has told of the sculptor who took his hammer, chisel, & a hunk of rock to create a sculpture of a horse. When asked how he could make that rock look like a horse, he said that he would just knock everything off of it that didn't resemble a horse.
My desire is that God will begin to knock off everything in my life that doesn't resemble Christ.
Happy 2010 from the girl you hopefully won't recognize in 2011!
2 comments:
Wonderful post! It appears that you were writing this post for me! Thank you, I needed that!
Ditto all of that! Let's help each other to be accountable!!
Post a Comment