Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm No Pioneer Woman!

I do know how to open a can or 5 or 6 & pour it all together to make something warm & edible. That counts, right?

When I read the posts of bloggy friends from the frigid neck of the woods it makes me shiver (literally)! So, since some of you are in such cold places I thought I'd share an easy-peasy soup recipe with you. I mean, what's better when it's could outside than a warm bowl of soup inside? Well, a fuzzy blanket, a crackling fire, & a big, handsome man don't hurt either!

Whether or not you've got the blanket, the fire, or the man, you can still have your soup & eat it, too!

I've yet to meet a Taco Soup that I didn't like. My daddy makes one, my MIL makes one & both of theirs are yummy. Mine holds its own & is probably the easiest of the three. Hence, the reason I am posting the how-to for it. Not because it's the best, but because it's quick & easy (my favorite 2 words for the kitchen).

Pull out the can opener, girls...

TACO SOUP
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 cans chili beans, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can corn, undrained
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. water

Brown meat w/ onions, drain.

Seriously, put meat & all other ingredients in a big ol' saucepan & heat it 'til it's hot.

Done.

In your own personal bowl you can top your soup with grated cheese & sour cream if you want. Who wouldn't want cheese & sour cream??

And don't forget to crunch up some tortilla chips & toss 'em in your bowl, too!


I always feel silly when I post a recipe because I am not a cook. Still, I think that sometime somebody might stumble over a simple recipe that I've posted & actually enjoy it. By the way, I totally stole the recipe from Kraft!


Now you don't have to wonder why I can't fit into my jeans.

It's the cheese.

And sour cream.

And tortilla chips.

And bless-ed sweet tea.

No comments: