If I did not feel led to do it you can know that I would not publicly post what I'm about to post. Last week, I began to feel a nudge to be very real & open here in Blog Town about a particular area where I'm struggling.
It is my weight.
I am heavier than I have ever been (besides during pregnancy) & I'm feeling the effects. It is time to take the bull by the horns & get fit.
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your STRENGTH." Mark 12:30
These days I don't have much strength. I am weaker than ever in physical activity & stamina which is a result of being weak when it comes to pushing away the junk food. My God wants me to be ready to go when he says "go". My husband needs me to have the energy to be his helpmate even when the days are long. My children need a mama who can keep up with them without needing to constantly catch her breath. It is time to deal with this.
There was a commercial that started airing right after Christmas. I think it was an ad for Special K. All that it involves is someone throwing a Christmas goodie in the fire while the announcer says, "You'll know when you're ready.". That is true. We know when we're ready to do what needs to be done. For me, it is not until that point that I begin to even play with the idea of getting healthy. I basically know what is required of me to get to where I want to be. It's a lifestyle change & I usually get sick when I first get started. I've always assumed that's my body's way of getting rid of all the junk. Still, it's not pleasant & it's a discouraging setback. It's so worth it in the end, though.
***This post was written up to this point on January 7th!!!! Wow, am I behind or what?? I'm just going to pick up from here.***
As you already know from my gross previous post, I've been sick, so maybe that was my purge before the push. Now, it's time to push! It's time to push away from the table & push forward in fitness. Can I just tell you that it is making me way nervous to type all of this? When it comes to physical fitness, I handle it with the Lord alone. I work out at.home. by.my.self. & I certainly don't talk about it until there are some visible results. Why? Because then I don't risk public failure. I have a slight failure phobia. I very much prefer to tell you my great results after I get them instead of telling you my goals & then possibly not reaching them. Prayer is much appreciated as I step completely out of my comfort zone on this one.
Before I chicken out on posting this, let me tell you my plan & my goal. My plan is to periodically post what I'm doing to change my bad, bad habits & my goal is to fit into a certain pair of jeans by my son's 1st birthday in May.
***This is the 3rd time I've tried to finish this post. That 2nd part was written a few days ago & now I'll finish (hopefully).***
I think I'm just going to post this RIGHT NOW & get into more about it later. Since I've had such a difficult time getting this posted I started wondering if maybe I had not heard correctly when I felt God leading me to share about this. Then it occurred to me that my enemy, Satan, is at work, too. I'm believing he is trying to hinder me & cause me to give up on journaling this journey SO FORWARD I GO with the blogging of the weight battle. This ain't a baby battle 'cause this ain't baby weight!
3 comments:
I SO know what you mean! I carried around extra weight for such a long time. I was always "too busy" to workout or watch what I ate.
The day I turned 40, I stepped on the scale. It said 200lbs - may heaviest weight EVER!! No, it wasn't baby weight either!
That was the day that changed my life. I joined Weight Watchers with a friend and I never looked back. One year later, I decided that whatever I weighed on my 41st birthday would be my goal weight (it was within my safe weight zone).
I lost 45+ pounds and have kept it off for almost 2 years. It is a daily struggle and I fight the evil foods everyday.
All of that to say that YOU CAN DO IT! And I will be here cheering you on :}
Hugs friend!
Oh girl, me too. I need to get my two-year and counting baby weight off. I am at the same point realizing it's not baby weight anymore! I am anxious to go on this journey with you! Keep me posted!
Hope it's going well! I lost 30lbs of baby weight 2 years ago. You CAN DO IT! :) visiting from the M2M blogroll. God Bless!
Post a Comment