Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chapter 2: I AM - Your Sufficiency/Lesson 5: I Was



1. Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized? Yes, many times.


2. Do you consider yourself content? No. I SO want to be, but I'm really not. Would you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content?


3. If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling? I never feel "caught up" with life. I have so many "wants" & "wishes" that don't get fulfilled. This is just crazy because I am blessed beyond belief!! I'm a person who tends to wish a day away or looks for the "end" instead of enjoying RIGHT NOW. I hate this about myself & want to overcome this area of frustration.


4. Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by? WOW! YES, YES, YES... many missed opportunities.


5. Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now? YES! I look back in envy. How weird.

6. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"? I think I'm beginning to see that. I know that I need to surrender & allow the Holy Spirit control over my life. I also know that I need to be broken & that is a tough process to go through...worth it, but tough.

No comments: