Friday, July 25, 2008

Chapter 1: I AM - Your Beauty/Lesson 2: Beautiful to God





What is your initial response when anyone suggests you are beautiful? I don't feel physically beautiful so I'm uncomfortable & don't always know how to respond. However, a few years ago my sweet Lord told me that I'm beautiful to Him. I've learned that my worth is in Christ so I handle this area much better than I did before. At one point in my life I was offended if anyone commented positively about the way I looked. I felt like they were just making fun of me. That mindset was courtesy of my mama (most beautiful woman in the world).
Do you find you engage in a lot of negative 'self-talk'? Sometimes, but not so much. How much of your thought life does this form of thinking consume? Not so much. Some days it takes over & beats me down, but I am so much healthier in this area than I once was.
What is the most radical transformation you've witnessed in an individual after they were born again? A college friend was a pretty girl with a questionable reputation. When she gave her life to Christ she glowed! Her style, her smile, & her spirit was incredibly changed. Her inner beauty flooded over & made her stunning!
The imagery of being a City Girl has absolutely changed the way I perceive my worth before God. Does it yours? Absolutely! There is such freedom in knowing that I don't have to meet a wordly standard to be beautiful to my Creator. Will you receive this truth and let it boost your righteous confidence? Yes, I'm going to receive this as a fresh & timely word just for me. Being a 1st-time mommy has taken its toll on my outward appearance so it would be easy for this self-esteem issue to become a stronghold for me again. Now I will be on guard & mindful of the fact that "the King is enthralled by (my) beauty." (Psalm 45:11).

No comments: