
1. I am going to present to you a little acrostic to begin our discussion today. What is your latest NLIP? (Not Like I Planned?) 1) Having a baby & moving at the same time 2) Not being able to sell the old house
2. How did you react to your NLIP? I was excited about moving, but the timing seemed wrong. It was frustrating to have 2 major life events happening at once. Are you still upset about it? Happy about it? Baffled by it? Explain. I am still frustrated because our home is still a mess. I didn't envision such chaos during my baby's first months of life. I've been somewhat discouraged because our old house has not sold yet, but I believe God has a buyer. Still, it is not fun for finances to be tight with a new baby & a new home. Some days my attitude is better than others, but this is definitely NOT how I would've chosen for things to go.
3. Have you ever attempted to step into an area of ministry and found your desire rejected? Yes. Did this cause you to question God and yourself? Yes, I think so. Perhaps distrust what you perceived to be your calling? Absolutely! This is an area I struggle with anyway.
4. Do you harbor any bitterness towards any individual or situation which you believe waylaid your best laid plans? I don't think so. My greatest enemy is self.
5. Have you had a life experience or trial that left you with a shaken faith because it ended in an NLIP? Oh my, yes! Please share if you feel free. My whole life turned upside down when a very close relationship ended abruptly. I experienced betrayal & rejection like never before. I blamed God for letting the relationship end & rebelled against Him. One day when I got tired of my new life I listened & heard God remind me that He can not lie. He had never given me His permission to be in that relationship in the first place. HELLO! Now I am so grateful for the end of that relationship. The heartache was worth it to be where I am today! God had a plan all along. Imagine that!
6. Based on Moses' response of faith to his own rejection, how will you re-evaluate your own experiences or look at future ones differently if a NLIP presents itself? I don't want to accept anyone else's view of my life, my circumstances, or my calling over what "thus saith the Lord".
No comments:
Post a Comment