Not long ago my daddy & I were talking about waiting on God to answer prayers. Too often in my prayer life I talk to God about my want, my need, my problem, my request & then I decide what I'm going to do about whatever. I don't really wait on the Almighty to respond. Can I get a witness?
Anyway, a ministry opportunity was offered to me recently & I did not want it. I want to minister, but I want to minister where I want to minister. That's just honest. There are things that I am uncomfortable doing for many reasons so please don't expect me to do them. I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to take this opportunity & I plainly said that ("NO!") to the person making the offer. To make this as short a story as possible, I'll just say that I decided to WAIT on the One who knows best. What a novel idea. On this journey with HIM I have learned that there is great joy in obedience. I did not want to miss HIM so I sought HIM. He was very clear & very quick in His answer. This ministry is where He wants me. I tried to make some deals with Him about how long I would be willing to do it. He didn't go for that & told me that I would stay in this place until He was through with me. "Yes, sir."
What a rambly post this is, but I just wanted to tell you what the Lord of Hosts said to me in His Word about this opportunity. He said, "I have chosen you.". That's right, folks. He chose me, the least capable, to do this thing for His glory.
"Yes, sir."
No comments:
Post a Comment