Friday, July 11, 2008

To blog or not to blog?

That is, indeed, the question.

It has become painfully obvious that my blog is not getting off the starting block! So, I've decided (as an afterthought) to pray about whether or not God wants me to take this journey. Why didn't I think of that BEFORE? Well, it seemed to me that the Lord Himself mapped my path to perk my interest in the blogging world, so since it was something I wanted to do I jumped on board. We all know that if I had not wanted to do it I certainly would've immediately taken it to the Lord in prayer, asked for signs & wonders, & waited on that confirmation, Amen?! Please don't misunderstand my "want" here, though. My "wanting" to blog is really just a curiosity & an interest. I am completely intimidated at the thought of posting my heart & mind for people to look upon with judgment. This truly scares me in a prideful sort of way. Shame on me! Just this morning, I told my 5-month old son that "God has not given us a spirit of fear..." (2 Tim. 1:7) & here I sit, fearing you, the reader! As my husband often says, "What in the world??!!".

I have finally asked the Lord if this is something He would want me to do. If it's not, I truly will have to cease & desist & get to the business of doing whatever He has for me to do. Can you cease & desist from something you never really started? Since this is still a private blog because I'm still sitting in fear's lap (or maybe it's pride's lap) I suppose I'm really just talking to myself anyway.

For now, a dirty diaper awaits....

No comments: