Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You've Come a Long Way, Baby!

On May 1, 2010 my best girlfriend, my Mama, had a massive stroke. I think I last updated in September 2010. Well, I'm here to tell you that God has been so merciful to us & we praise Him for His sweet grace toward us! Our lives (especially my parents') have changed drastically, but our God has not! Here is His daughter that He never forgets & that He loves dearly & that He chose to bless with more days on this earth...


Wow!! She's come a LONG WAY!! Thanks be to Him who does exceeding abundantly above all we could ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20)!


And that will start my list of gifts, my list of thanks. I've been writing them in a bedside journal, but I think I'll join many others & record them here (maybe 25 at a time until I get caught up).




Before I start listing, let me make a confession. Shortly after I started keeping my thanksgiving journal I came across a blogger who posted that she had gotten slack on taking note of her thanks. Immediately I wondered how anyone who had started this process could possibly get slack or forget. Ha! Now I know. Me, too, sister. Me, too.

1. daily encouragement from Godly women
2. summer heat
3. babies in swimsuits
4. brothers being brothers
5. potty-training victories
6. being "home"
7. mail - I love mail!
8. baby's 1st smile :o)
9. contentment for an infant
10. grocery bill for growing boys!
11. Abigail's little girl curls & Hannah's sweet 1st teeth
12. 2 freshly bathed little boys & 1 freshly bathed baby girl
13. Daddy rocking daughter to sleep
14. BOOKS!
15. living parents
16. the power of God
17. pile-up on Mommy's bed to listen to Mommy sing "Amazing Grace"
18. hugs & kisses
19. going back to church as a family of 5
20. the example of Christ
21. freedom in Christ
22. my calendar, my friend
23. fresh tomato sandwiches! 'tis the season!
24. dates with my husband
25. sweet potato pancakes

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

That is an amazing thing to be thankful for! Your momma is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your Momma is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy for you that she has come through it all.

Love your list!