Monday, October 10, 2011

Date Night

Remember my hot date? Well, he took me out again this weekend. We saw Courageous. So good. We also had Asian food for lunch. So good. We also fell asleep in our van before the movie. So exhausted. What can I say? We have 3 small children. SO.exhausted.

Speaking of the 3 children, because we are blessed with these little people we have to be proactive & intentional about making time for "us". A few months ago we started taking one night a month for ourselves. Date night. It has been good for us & for our family so we will continue to pursue that semi-alone (the baby stays with us) time together each month. However, I stopped to question the selfishness factor in our pursuit & asked for the view of another blogger whom I seriously respect. She graciously answered & gave a completely different response than I expected. You can read her words of wisdom here.

How about you? Do you have a date night with your spouse?

Oh, and have y'all seen Courageous??

No comments: