I'm most thankful this year to be standing next to this beautiful girl...

This is my brother's firstborn, my precious oldest niece. She has always & will always hold a very, very special place in my heart.

Why am I MOST thankful to be with her this year? Because just 2 short months ago, she snapped this pic of her Jeep right after getting herself out of it.

She didn't even have time to grab her purse. The flames were already up around her legs when she was getting out of the car. She was in the process of moving & had all of her belongings in the car. Needless to say, everything is gone.
Everything except what truly matters...HER!

She is still here to see & smell & touch & hold!
I. am. thankful.
I am thankful for one more day. One more day to hug her scrawny neck & one more day to tell her how much I love her & one more day to aggravate the soup out of her in front of her boyfriend!

One. more. day.
No comments:
Post a Comment