Thursday, November 5, 2009

Married to the Ministry

The Preacher's Wife is having a little get-to-know-each-other party for ministry wives. I'm always up for a good party! I'm also up for getting to know people in the same boat as me!




The Treasures


1. First Name.

Tonya

2. State and Country of Residence.

South Carolina, USA

3. Husband’s Ministry Title.

Youth & Children's Pastor

4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location. {IMPORTANT: There are several of you who may not be in a current ‘official’ pastorate/ministry, etc. That makes you no less a minister’s wife! You play along, girlfriends, and let us pray for you!}

1 year or so

5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages.

YES! TWO WONDERFUL BOYS! 21 months & 6 months

6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage.

We've lived in 2 seriously-in-need-of-repair homes. The first was a starter home, but we intend to be in this one for a while. We are planning to get serious about home improvements after the holidays. Like some of the other MWs I've had mice & I'm not in a parsonage. I'm not even close to the church. Do they just know where we are??

7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out?

Most of the time, we eat out. We always plan to eat leftovers at home, but we end up being so hungry after church that we usually just go somewhere (the restaurants are closer to the church than our home is). Also, if our toddler gets his belly full he'll fall asleep on the way home & continue napping when we get there. That means that we get a nap.

We sometimes struggle with the issue of eating out on Sundays because it means that other people are having to work. Are we not honoring the day when we go out? I'd love to hear what y'all think/believe about this.


8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not?

We don't go to SS right now because there is only one adult class & we have a toddler.

9. Favorite TV Show.

The Closer, but I couldn't tell you the last time I watched it.

10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people.
(Except now you just did…lol)

I'm pretty much an open book, but I don't advertise how very much I enjoy watching So You Think You Can Dance.

11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve.

"Can't do this" & "Can't do that"

Need I say more?


12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it.

Bags, plastic bags, so many plastic bags!! Kohl's, The Children's Place, TJ Maxx, etc....I keep my shopping bags in case I need them for something. Yes, really.

13. The one food you can not live without.

I wasn't sure about this one, but I was thinking Root Beer (not really a food). I asked my husband what food he thinks I can't live without. He immediately said, "Coffee", then he paused & said, "Root Beer". It's Root Beer, y'all.

14. Parsonage or have your own home?

Our very own fixer-upper.

15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor?

Freak & hide. I am SO not kidding.




If you'd like to meet a few other girls who are "married to the ministry", stop by Lisa's party.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Tonya!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I'm so glad Lisa's doing this cause I'm adding new friends to my blog roll!!!!

I have a 6 month old too! He was born April 16th.

We live near Augusta Ga which is just across the river from SC. Maybe if you're close we could meet up sometime.

Take care!

rachel said...

I love the picture of your boys, so sweet!

Cathy said...

Me too on #15!

Mary Beth said...

Love your blog layout! Mine needs HELP!

Nice to meet ya... Your boys are adorable!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am evil for I have never struggled with eating out because I'm making someone else work. I don't eat out during church hours so really I'm only creating demand for the afternoon hours..lol

patty said...

where are you in South Carolina? That's where we are, too.