Monday, October 27, 2008

My Laundry Smells Like Cinnamon.

Why?

Oh good. I was hoping you'd ask.

Because my husband left a pack of cinnamon gum in his pocket AGAIN! Only this time it actually stuck to the inside of my dryer. Great. I needed one more thing to clean today. Thanks honey!

Do you check pockets when you do laundry? I do not. I ASSUME that the adults in my house know to clean their pockets before putting their clothes in the hamper. Am I living in a dream world here? Is this really expecting too much?

I'm a stay-at-home mom, y'all, not a stay-at-home maid! Wait a minute...hmmm. Since I'm the wife & mom who truly cares about my family, then maybe I should be adding the extra care to my daily duties that hired help would not.

Well that stinks, but my laundry smells yummy!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I don't check pockets either. My DH usually forgets his chapstick. Occasionally his cell phone (I figured it out before it got ruined). My oldest tends to leave unused ladies personal items in her pockets of her jeans. THAT makes me crazy!

I feel like I am the maid sometimes too. I hate that I can walk into any room and find gum wrappers on the floor. What, is it too heavy to lift that you can't get it to the garbage can? My fav is garbage laying next to the garbage can.

Go ahead, scream, I won't say a word! Let me show you how....

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Jeanette - you are too funny!

Tonya - Yes My Dear Daughter is JUST LIKE HER MOMMA - poor little thing! Ha Ha!

I too think that many times the Mom ends up as the maid! Stand your ground girl!!! I will stand with you!

At least I feel better now!

Dina said...

Hi, I am a sahm too. I have an obsession about checking pockets before i put clothes in the washer.. and this all because once my friend had a bad tissue left over in a pocket with a wash of dark clothes!!!

Come visit if you like.