
1. I think we can all agree most of us find ourselves closer to God in the struggle than without it. How does it affect you knowing that trial is what draws you more intimately in relationship to Your God? NEVER have I rested in this during a trial. NEVER have I considered this in the midst of the storm. UNTIL my daddy had a stroke a few weeks ago...Praise God for another chance to trust Him...For the first time EVER I went to my God in complete faith & trust KNOWING that He was drawing me to Himself...WOO-HOO!!! He so sweetly reminded that He is more interested in my character than in my comfort & I was able to REST IN THAT!! How does that affect me?? Ain't nothin' in the world like it...THAT is the "peace of God that transcends ALL understanding" (Phil. 4:7).
2. Have you ever made a huge mistake but then found yourself in the position for a 'do-over'? Did you make a better decision the second or third or fourth time around? :) Refer to #1!! This is exactly what happened!! This is not the only time I've been graciously given a 'do-over'. Sometimes I've made better decisions & sometimes I fall into that same stupid cycle of sin.
3. Is there a 'generational sin' in your family you have overcome? My parents were actually the ones who STOPPED the cycle(s) in our family. This can be anything from a lineage of unbelief to issues of many kinds. This may be a private matter. Share if you feel liberty or quietly thank God for His deliverance. If you have not yet been delivered, I pray with all my heart God's Word is giving you courage to ask for help in that area.
4. Have you ever been misunderstood? Every time I open my mouth (which is often)! Do you feel unforgiven for past mistakes even though you know God has forgiven you? I guess it's unforgiveness. I know there are people who still don't understand some things about me & pass judgement on those things.
5. Is there a sister you need to extend grace towards in order to be able to 'bless God together'? Yes...hmmm...as I was answering this with one person in mind, another has come to mind more strongly...great. Do you comprehend how your unforgiveness is hindering her from inhabiting her own Promise? Yes...grrr. If no, do you recognize a situation within your church body where this may be happening? YES to this, too!! If so, ask God to raise up a 'Phinehas' (mediator) in this situation. Oh my, I think He already has. He may just reveal the Phinehas is you. :) Not me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment