Tuesday, October 28, 2008

hAnDmAdE & hOmEgRoWn

hAnDmAdE by God
Psalm 139:13 "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb."


Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..."

hOmEgRoWn by us
Deuteronomy 6:7 "You shall teach them (the commandments of the LORD) diligently to your sons & shall talk of them when you sit in your house & when you walk by the way & when you lie down & when you rise up."


It's not unusual for me to watch my baby sleep for a few minutes at night before I go to sleep & to thank the Lord for such a precious blessing, but last night the gratitude I felt for my little one was overwhelming. He's such a good boy (really!). He's so sweet & so silly! He's funny & curious & CUTE! Why would the God of the universe choose to create this incredible being & give him to my husband & I to enjoy? I am the least deserving of such an honor & yet this little guy is really mine. Our family can look at him & see our different characteristics in him, but we had absolutely nothing to do with his divine design or his placement in our home at this time. The Creator made him from the inside out & then placed him in our arms. What kind of favor is that? The tears are flowing! I'm not even kidding about the fullness in my heart over the realization of God's mercy to me in the form of this child.

Oh Father, please help me to be the Mama that you desire for me to be & that this small wonder deserves. YOU ARE MY SUFFICIENCY!

2 comments:

Dina said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your son is sooo cute !! Have a nice day .

Jeanette said...

Ah, now I'm crying!

You've got it girl - the Lord has given us this time with our kiddos and we need to make sure that we do the best we can to raise them into Godly men and women.

Hugs!