
1. Do you struggle with a sense of self-worth? Yes. How do you perceive this has affected the way you are able to 'keep your head upright'? There is a shame over certain areas of my life & it keeps me 'down' a lot of the time. If not, do you know someone who suffers in this area? Yes to this, too.
2. What are you most afraid of? Failure. Not being liked. Not being understood. Does this fear affect the way you move through life? (Ex. Are you overprotective with children? Afraid to take risks?) Ha! Just a little (ahem).
3. What is one of the most marvelous ways God has provided a need? I don't have A story because presently God is marvelously meeting our needs daily. If not for Him our financial circumstances would pull us under. He is Jehovah-Jireh! I can't wait to hear your stories on this one!
4. Steve Brown, a Moody Broadcasting Bible Teacher, is one of the first people I ever heard teach the concept that God was not mad at me. I grew up in a denomination that led me to believe He was in a continuous state of disappointment over my failures. How about you? Though in your heart you know God says He loves you, does Satan in your mind ever try to convince you otherwise? Oh yes & he always uses people to do it. It's so easy to perceive God as merely human because we simply can't fathom His Godness. We put His ability to love us on the same level as people's ability to love us. Crazy.
5. How close are you to your own Promised Land? Not at all, 1/2 way, almost there? Wow, I have felt closer in the past. That stinks. Right now I feel far, far away. By this I mean the place of abundant living and effectiveness here on earth, not the ultimate fulfillment in Glory! Though I hope you are going to heaven, I don't want it to be today! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment