Okay, my brother-in-law lovingly (ahem) refers to me as Sissy-talks-a-lot (he stole this from Elf). He has good reason for calling me this. I love to talk...to people... and to myself...and to the walls. Yes, I talk all the time. Meeting people is one of my favorite things to do. Rarely do I meet a stranger (this apple didn't fall from her mama's tree). Speaking in front of a group? I'm all over it (this apple also didn't fall from her daddy's tree)! I love people! I love to talk! Not an easily intimidated girl...(pause to hear the voice of my Father)..."Yes, child, you are too easily intimidated & you have some insecurites for us to deal with."...What?! Seriously?..."Yes & now is the time.".
Great.
The above conversation between me & my God took place last week. He really began to poke me in some places to let me see how anxious I am in certain situations. He pushed me to take a look at the boldness I have in front of 'these' people vs. the jitters that I have in front of 'these' people. There have been so many times lately that I've second-guessed every thought that I've had, I've felt the need to explain every word out of my mouth. Where did this come from? I'm people-pleasing again. Didn't we gain victory in this area several years ago, Lord? Here I am again struggling to overcome. Why am I sharing all of this here? Because this blog is a sore spot. I want to blog! I want to know how to blog! I will not open this blog up, though, because I AM AFRAID OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL THINK when they read anything here. Someone that I've come to respect recently reminded me that not everyone will like me & hello, that's okay. She's right. It is okay. So, today I am opening this blog (you'd think I was about to take all my clothes off in front of the world...that's sort of how this feels to me...yikes).
Here is the disclaimer. If grammatical errors make you cringe, you are so in the wrong place. You will need therapy after visiting this blog. If misplaced punctuation drives you crazy, run from here quickly! This will not be a fun place for you! If you need some deep words from a deep person...sorry, not happening here. If you're looking for well-kept, timely posts, HA, they are not anywhere in the vicinity. If you just need a nonsense break on an irregular basis, WELCOME!
Whew. Now that I've given you all of that very necessary (ahem) information I'm going to open my blog & then I'm going to throw up (such drama).
By the way, I lovingly refer to my b-i-l as Bubba-knows-it-all (that name, my friends, was original, not stolen and VERY fitting). ;o)
2 comments:
Hey Tonya!!
I'm SO EXCITED you made the plunge in to the blog world. Quite an amzing start, my friend. :))
Lisa
I love the "disclaimer" mine should have the same one ;)
Glad to "meet" you!
Post a Comment