When my husband & I married almost 4 years ago we were both heavily involved in our home churches which were 45 minutes apart. When we bought our first home we bought a place close to his job, but that also meant being closest to his home church. It would've made perfect sense to attend his church which he loved dearly. However, my precious husband gave up his many ministry responsibilities at his church to allow me to continue to serve in mine. This sacrificial decision would also require 4 hours on the road each Sunday or 2 hours on the road AND spending all day at my parents' home. Mind you, my parents are wonderful, but for a new husband to spend his one day of rest every week with his in-laws is pretty huge. This is one of the sweetest displays of love & respect that I've known in my life! Thank you, Chuck C.! You rock!! 
ADDED: Honestly, I followed the rules for "My Husband Rocks" & posted this on Friday. As a matter of fact, I was typing it at 4am this morning because my son would NOT sleep. :o( Blogger was acting up & attached this post to my Thursday post. If I were Blogger-savvy or if I were not technically challenged I might find that there's a way to remedy this. However, I am not the first & am the latter & can do nothing about this. Rats.

8 comments:
what a sweetheart!
(you may try going into edit your post, click on the link that says "post options" and change the date to today, if it is not already, that might move it to a "Friday" post, but don't stress about it, we don't really have rules :) )
That was easy enough...Thanks!
saw your comment on my iced coffee post. Do you love coffee as much as I do? But the good kinds are so expensive. Anyway, saw that you were in SC. I am too. Where are you. We live in Pickens County, way in the mountains.
tami: I do LOVE coffee & I really LOVE those iced coffees from McDonald's. I actually like them better than the iced latte from Starbucks.
I am not too far from you...Ware Shoals. One of my closest friends went to Pickens High School. :o)
What a wonderful hubby :)
That is such a wonderful act of love on his part! Happy Friday!
Wow! That is so sweet of him! You are one blessed lady!
Thankfully when my husband and I got married he only lived about 8 minutes from church. We both attended the same church and before we were married I lived over an hour away. It is so nice to be so close now.
To answer your question from my coffee post. I would add the creamer but I've not tried the plain ones. I might even just add half and half or evaporated milk if you don't have just plain ol creamer. Hopefully gas prices will be cheaper some day soon. We're going to have to ditch the SUV and get something with better gas mileage.
What a sweetie you are for leaving a comment on my blog! Welcome - and you are one blessed lady :} Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart.
My hubs did somewhat the same - continued to go to the church I grew up in. I knew he was not happy there but we did not know what other church to go to. Someone recommend another church and one Sunday morning when he was out running I called the church and asked when the services were. He was surprised when he got home and I told him we should try this other church. That was 12 years ago and we have just started going to a new church that was "planted" from that church. It is wonderful to be where God wants you to be!
BTW, I love the huge box of banana Cheerios from Sam's too!
Come back and visit me soon....
Hugs!
Post a Comment