
1. Have you ever experienced trials that were best dealt with "in the family" for either your reputation's sake or God's? You may still choose to leave them there, but you are welcome to share if you are comfortable. Yes, especially when it has involved someone highly respected in the church. Though the comfort & support of other brothers & sisters would've been great, there were too many people who could've stumbled in their walk with God if the situation was not 'kept in the family'.
2. Have you ever found yourself in a bizarre circumstance and later were able to walk someone through the same/similar situation? Bizarre situations, hard situations, hurtful situations...yes. Did you recognize the hand of God in it? Most of the time I think I have, but I'm sure I have missed it, too.
3. I was in my late twenties before I ever let myself believe God was for me instead of waiting to smack me upside the head everytime I made a mistake. Do you truly believe God is on your side? Yes, but I still forget sometimes.
4. If God has ever had you in the Holy Spirit Chokehold (and who hasn't He?), how have you reacted to God's chastisement? Were you bitter? Brokenhearted? Grateful? Grateful. Really. One thing I'm sure of..."...He disciplines those He loves." (Heb. 12:6).
5. Write a brief prayer of Thanksgiving for God's longsuffering. Wow, Lord, where would I be if You were an inkling less longsuffering? If I were You (perish the thought) I certainly wouldn't put up with me. I would've run out of patience long, long ago. Father, thank You, thank You, thank You for your ability & your willingness to pick me up over & over & over again. "I bless the day(s) You didn't throw the clay away."
No comments:
Post a Comment