Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today I Did Nothing & Everything

As I was folding laundry this afternoon while still wearing pajamas I noticed the unmade bed & the pile of unsorted mail & several other undone things in my home. I realized that I had accomplished NOTHING today.

At the very moment that thought had passed through my mind I saw both of my children laughing & my thoughts took a different turn. I decided to look back at my day with a different perspective.

Today my children were well-fed & well-loved. My little one & I had several sweet "conversations" throughout the day. My big boy & I danced together while we laughed. During my day I thanked the Lord for my many blessings. I also asked the thing that I ask of him over & over again. I asked that He change me. Please change me, Lord, to be more like You. Today my husband & I kissed & hugged. We said that we love each other. I also told my boys how much I love them. My family sat down to have supper together, held hands, & thanked the Lord for our food. I had prepared the food for my family to enjoy & they did. I've talked to both of my parents today about the things we like to talk about. I've told them both that I love them. Today I have changed many diapers & folded a few clothes. I've washed some dishes & refilled a certain sippy cup over & over.

Right this minute as I type I can look over my shoulder to see my husband & our 2 sons resting. Their bellies are full & their hearts are happy.

Today was a success after all. My house is a mess, but my family is not. Today I did NOTHING & somehow did EVERYTHING that mattered.

Before I call it a day I think I'll give my boys a bath & fix my man a foot bath (I might even throw in a foot rub, but don't tell him in case I change my mind).

This is what I do & it means EVERYTHING to me.

No comments: