If you keep these 3 things on hand you will never be without a snack!
My parents made this fun snack all the time when I was growing up (& after I was grown up still living at home). They always made them with Saltines which I love, so naturally I have always used Saltines. Once upon a time, though, Brandi posted about these lovelies & she uses Ritz. It wasn't until I ran out of Saltines a few weeks ago that I tried them her way. I've restocked the Saltines, but we're still making the whatchamadoodles on Ritz - my boys like them better this way!
So if you're craving a different little treat you might want to try this. Now there is no right way to do this & there are no real instructions necessary. You just put the peanut butter & marshmallow on top of your cracker, heat them in the oven until the marshmallows puff, & that's it! I, however, will forget to keep an eye on mine in the oven so I use specific times & temperatures.
I'm blessing y'all with the extremely complicated instructions. I'm also including pictures since this is so...ahem...involved. ;o)
crackers on baking pan
peanut butter on crackers
marshmallow on peanut butter crackers
Stick them in a 350 degree oven until the tops start to brown (10 minutes).
Then, turn on low broil for 2-4 minutes until they look like this...
En.joy.
2 comments:
I'd never had these before but my husband had them as a child too. He made them for us and now we call them "daddy's special snack!"
We use saltines but I'm definitely going to try Ritz.
How sweet! My Olivia would LOVE these :)
Post a Comment