Sunday, March 13, 2011

Letter to My Love

chuck C., this week you will be the only recipient of a Sunday letter from me. This has been a rough week for the 2 of us. We have had to make some big decisions. We've walked new ground & lost sleep over our possible missteps. Marriage promises were on the line, but the line became blurry (for both of us) when all circumstances were considered. The burden has been extremely heavy & awkward, but our God has been True & Faithful. Thank you so much for seeking His wisdom, for following His lead, & for standing strong for what we believe. When all was said & done, you chose to put our faith & our family first - my respect for you overflows. The challenges you've accepted head-on have not gone unnoticed nor unappreciated. I love you.

Having said that, I want to apologize to you. This afternoon I spent time confessing my wrongs to the Lord & now I need to do the same with you. Over the past few days I have allowed this recent issue to have its way with me. I grew so tired of it & so aggravated that we were continuously talking/thinking/praying about it so I became somewhat cold to it. In turn I grew cold toward you. Instead of encouraging you & upholding you I really turned my back on you. I have not been a Godly wife & I am very sorry for that. For being much less than what God has called me to be & much less than what you deserve, I apologize. I'm ashamed that I mishandled this situation. Please forgive me. I know you will. I know you have. That's the man that you are. Again, I love you. Deeply. And forever. Your ever-learning wife, Tonya


No comments: