Monday, February 14, 2011

Late Letters

I'm sure I'm the only one who's been living under a rock & just crawled out recently to discover Deidre, but just in case you're as behind as I am please bless yourself by visiting her blog. She amazes me. She is just one neat person with such a loving heart & mind for others. She's Christ-like. That's what she is.

She is also the brains behind Sunday Letters which I've written in my head a dozen times this weekend, but have not yet typed them out here. While I have a quick minute I want to get them down!

Abba, You have poured out an amazing amount of grace & mercy on us this week. We are quite overwhelmed with this present goodness. Thank You.
Undeserving & somewhat speechless, Tonya

chuck C., Here we are on the other side of an emotional mountain, still standing. I must say I love looking back with you - our heads shaking & our mouths hanging open - awed. This past week will forever be etched in my mind & when we stand before Christ I hope to wash His feet with grateful tears for where He's taken us these few days in February 2011. Oh praise Him that He's taken us where He has & that He's taken us there together. You have been a strength in this home through our weakest days. What a man! And you're all mine! Thanks for choosing me to be yours.
For better or worse, Me

Eli, what a sick little guy you were as this week got started! Your brother probably gave you something gross that you graciously gave to me & Daddy - THANKS A LOT - but that little Lubby didn't get nearly as sick as the rest of us. I always tell you he's a turkey & you quickly reply, "Uh-huh!". You've spent some time with all of your Grands this week as Daddy & I had unexpected appointments & then a wonderful Valentine's lunch. Your Grands always brag on you - they enjoy having you around as much as we do. Thanks for being such a good boy for them & making us so proud.
I love you! Mommy

CJ, we believe you were out to get us this week! You apparently picked up a germ at Target or Publix or one of our other Thursday stops. You didn't act like yourself all weekend & we sure did miss your spunk! You were back in action as the week started, though, & you had zapped the rest of us with the funk. Knowing you & your smarts, we figured this was your plan all along. Surely you were trying to take us all out at once so you could take over! You're such a little guy to be so full of your own ideas. Not only that, but those ideas are backed up with buckets full of determination. You give me a run for my money, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so glad you're all better & back to your fireball self! Like your big brother, your Grands have enjoyed your company this week. You kept them on their toes - good job, Lub!! Nanny said you were so tender toward Eli when he first got sick. No, I'm not surprised - I know that inside that hard shell is a mushy heart that melts me over & over.
Love you, baby boy! Ma

Sadie, we heard that sweet heartbeat of yours today! Glory to God for His incredible, creative mind! Who, but He, could make a person???? It's too much to fathom. Yet there you are, growing inside. You are in the 76th percentile already - whoa, Nellie! You are measuring just right & moving around like a tumbleweed! These arms of mine are going crazy wanting to hold you, girlie!! These arms will wait, though. You just do all the growing & developing that you need to do & then we'll all be right here, ready to love you to pieces!! You'll know me - I'll be the first one in line!
Adoring you, Mommy

P.S. You've got the cutest new clothes! Mommy's a little excited about dressing a little lady! (Your brothers would echo the line from the Aristocats here - "You're not a lady! You're nothin' but a sister!") OH I CAN'T WAIT TO LOVE ON MY THREE ALL AT ONCE!!

Grands
, our children are so blessed to have each of you (and their Pa in heaven who I got to "hear" for the first time this week)! Thank y'all for jumping in when we needed you most. Thank you for caring for our younguns & for being Godly examples before them - what a heritage! Our boys love each of you so much & very individually (which I think is so cool). There are not enough words to express my gratitude for this "grand" relationship that our babies have with our parents. Again, I just praise the Lord for His goodness to us.
Thanks over & over! I love you all!
Your grandkids' Mama (I know you won't recognize who I am if I sign this any other way.)


No comments: