Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dear...

It's incredible how certain things come along at just the right time. This week, I stumbled across Deidre's blog & absolutely loved her idea of Sunday Letters. Not only do I love the idea, but this happens to be the perfect week for me to join in this practice.

Lord Jesus, How can I ever begin to give you the thanks & praise that you are so worthy of? Once again, you have chosen to trust me with a big thing in my life & I'm grateful. If you'll just help me to be all that You've designed me to be through the process I'll be sure to give you all the glory! This past week has been a doozie of Your own making & I longingly await your plans for this coming week. Loving You, trusting You, & wanting more of You revealed in me, Tonya

chuck C., Have we had a wild ride or what? Wouldn't we like to ask our Driver to slow down sometimes? Wow. He's got a plan for us, my love, & I am so glad we're in this thing called life together. I wouldn't want to do the joys or the trials with anyone else. You are my God-given other, & mercy, I'm happy about that! Over & over today I've replayed your words from yesterday. You said that you were "looking forward" to Monday. What a bold & Godly choice of words. I'll treasure them always. This Monday will be like none we've ever known,yet our God is the same that we've always known. He will be on His throne when we awake & He will be on His throne when we lie back down to sleep. Praise Him! I love you more today than yesterday. I will love you tomorrow more than today. Your friend & partner & wife, Tonya

Eli, my boy, what a mess you are! You amaze me every single day with all of this growing up business that you're doing! Slow down, son, slow down! I'm only kidding. There's nothing more that your mama wants for you than for you to grow & be all that our God has for you to be. Right now, your daddy & I are so fascinated with all the things that you say. You still call your little brother "Lubby" & you call your baby sister "Saybee". It seems that the family has caught on to "Lubby" so one day I'm sure there will be payback from your brother for tagging him with that one. You're great about thanking God for your food & now you even say that you're sorry without being reminded. Every now & then you even throw out a thank you without being prompted. The most recent thing that you tell us is "I told you __________(fill in the blank with whatever you told us to do that we didn't do exactly right). Sometimes it's funny & true. Other times it's sarcastic & bossy & you have to be corrected. You are genuinely a good boy with a gorgeous smile that we see quite often these days. I could just eat you up when you flash those pearly whites at me. Let me not forget to tell you that you also always think that your hair looks good & you remind me of the fact often. Oh Eli, you make me plain happy. Thank God for you!! By the way, you are learning nuggets from His Word. This week you started Proverbs 3:5. You can say, "Trust Lord". That pretty much sums it up, my sweets! You're also learning more about shapes & opposites & all that stuff, but you're learning nothing more important than the words from the Word. I couldn't be more thrilled than when I hear His truth pour forth from that precious mouth. Jesus loves you, big boy, & so does Mommy!

CJ, CJ, CJ, you are something else, dude! You say a few new words these days, but mostly you just love to say "No". Even when you want something or are accepting something that we offer you still say "No". I've never known anyone who enjoys being disagreeable as much as you do. You make me laugh on a daily basis. You are an incredible little guy who makes our home life so much fun. You add so much to our family! It's hard to believe you haven't always been here. Right now you are growing so quickly. All of the baby chub seems to be falling away right before Mama's eyes. I'm scared to blink - afraid I might miss out on you. You were so big in the crib. We laughed at how you filled up the whole thing, then we moved you to your big boy bed & it swallows you whole. You look like a tiny baby in that big ol' bed. I kind of like how small it makes you seem. Through the night I can just pretend that you are still a baby. Really, you still are, but it's quickly fleeting. Wild Thing, you are so strong & so smart. You rock my world every night after dinner when we read our Bible story. You always want to go back & look at the pictures from evenings past. You see Eve reaching for the forbidden fruit & you never fail to tell her "No! No!". (I told you those were your favorite words!) Then you see the picture of Cain with his unacceptable offering & you quickly tell him, "Don't want!". We also look at the illustration of creation so you & your brother can clap & say, "Good job, God!". How fun! These days are the best, yet the ones ahead are even better. God does do a good job, son - ALWAYS. Never forget that. He has a good plan for your life. Run hard after Him & stick with His plan, then applaud Him & say, "Good job, God, good job!". I love you, Ma

Sadie, my princess, you have already stolen my heart & your too-far-off arrival is excitedly awaited. This home aches for your presence. Your family needs you desperately, baby girl. We know already that we have much to learn from you. Dear child, you are fearfully & wonderfully made by our perfect Creator! His timinig is no less perfect than His creation & now is His time for you & us. Glory to our all-knowing Father!! Mommy can hardly wait to meet you. My arms long to hold you in that first face-to-face moment & in the many moments to follow that one. In you, our Christ has given us joy in flesh. In you, He has given us a fresh reason to look forward, to Hope. Waiting with wide-open arms, Your Mommy

Brandy, thank you for being my cushion. Thank you for reminding me that I'm okay. Thank you for telling me that I'll be okay. I believed you. I love you. BOFA. Tonya

1 comment:

Deidre said...

You are so sweet! I love how you affirmed your family. You are blessed. I love your blog!