Monday, August 11, 2008

Chapter 2: I AM - Your Sufficiency / Lesson 7: Who Am I?

1. How would you answer the question, "Who Am I?" That's too big a question for me right this second...must ponder.
2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'? Oh yeah, this is fresh! I am in an area of ministry right now that I did not choose for myself because I am completely unqualified. The Grand Marshal story hits home with this girl. I often cringe when I'm asked about ministry because I don't want to tell people what I do, for fear that they will see me as different than I am, that their expectations will be high & misplaced. I'm always quick to explain how unqualified I am & that my 'title' is not really fitting. Hmmm...I'm thinking that this is probably not pleasing to God. God probably feels like the lady from the town council & wants me to hear Him say, "I could've chosen anyone, but I chose you! How about just counting it as an honor? How about shutting up the complaining & the making excuses for your inabilities? How about just trusting My judgment & MY ability instead of your own?". Hmmm...I'm thinking that's what God's thinking. Yeah, Lisa...Ouch.
3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would? Yes, I do! Why won't He go with me on that?? Why does He have me in that ^other^ ministry?
4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? I do feel that I've made poor choices which have left me 'labeled' & I can sometimes think that I was much more 'useful' to God with my pre-bad choice label. However, I also realize that God used those bad, bad choices of mine to teach me loads of lessons. He taught me many things about me & He taught me many things about Him. These are lessons I would not have learned so powerfully without walking, no, crawling through them. If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?
5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? I think it depends on the season & sometimes, the day. Which does God hear most from you? Lately, I must admit to having more doubt conversations with God. What a sad realization.
6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Absolutely. Any Scripture references come to mind? Acts 4:13 "Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus."

No comments: