Friday, October 30, 2009

It's a Staycation!

We love home, but we also love to GO (especially me)! We always go somewhere when Chuck takes time off of work, but we are planning to stay at home this time around. Originally, we planned to go to the beach for a couple of days, but the funds are not there. It's one of those times when you can make the money happen, but it's not the wisest choice. Boo. :o( Hopefully we are going to start a home improvement journey after the holidays, so we really need to save our pennies for that. I'm super excited about those possibilities!!

So far, our staycation has included a stuffy nose for me, a haircut for the indoor dog, & a trip to Wal-Mart. Woo-hoo. We're not off to such a great start, huh? This is why we usually choose to go instead of stay. We don't really know how to stay at home & play. There's too much to be done! I get that tendency honest from my parental units! We need to get away from it all to leave it alone, ya know??

Anyway, my family awaits my attention so I must go, but I hope to post a recipe later that I surprisingly enjoyed. Both my husband & I are big eaters. We pretty much eat anything, but he takes that a few steps further than I do. Every once in a while he'll want something that sounds weird to me, but so far I've liked all that he's suggested. I'm not a big fan of peanuts or peanut sauce with my salad or meal. He is. So, a year or so ago he found an easy recipe for peanut chicken. I like to fix things for him sometimes whether I like them or not. He is my husband after all & I love him. That's one way I can express that to him. Finally, I made that chicken & he did feel loved! ;o) Next time I make it, I will make some adjustments, but it was quite tasty & super simple (as if I'd do anything but easy)! I'll post it as soon as I can in case you're interested in how the culinary-challenged do it. Ha!

Until then, count your blessings, then count them again, & have a great day!!

1 comment:

Rondell said...

Y'all need to head over to Chili's during that Staycation. I hear they have a 2 for 1 special going on.