Merry CHRISTmas!!
I have failed miserably at the Internet Cafe' party! Here I am to do my CHRISTMAS DAY post, though. I'm slightly late, don't ya think?? What a slacker! Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. It's always been the most special time! However, the last 2 Christmases have been more wonderful than ever. The season has taken on a new joy for me because I have been 'with child'. Last year I was expecting my firstborn son & this year I'm expecting my 2nd little boy. There's just something about carrying a child at Christmas that makes you feel so connected to Mary, the young mother of Jesus. Of course, my circumstances are nothing like hers & my sons are not the only begotten Son of God. Who could know exactly what that chosen mother felt in her emotions & in her spirit? Still, as I experience the aches & pains, the swelling & the breathlessness of pregnancy as I stay comfortably in my warm home & as I travel from place to place in my warm vehicle I think of Mary. Surely she had the same physical discomforts, yet she did not have the modern conveniences to ease those discomforts. There is no way for me to wrap my mind or heart around the birth of Christ & the experience of the virgin mother, but it has been exciting for me to carry my children at this time of year & to reflect on what it might have been like for the mother of our Immanuel.Hope you all had a sweet, sweet CHRISTmas!!If you've not yet visited the Cafe' for other perspectives on the birth of Christ, you can still go HERE to read them!
No comments:
Post a Comment