I've always been aware of the love of God & have never questioned His love for others. In situations with friends or family who are struggling I'm quick to remind them that God loves them. I believe this to my core.
However, I struggle with believing that He loves me. I do know that He loves me, but like many other Christians I believe that in some way I have to earn that love. That somehow I need to be better before He really loves me.
Crazy how we can believe things so strongly for others & yet somehow can not apply it to our own lives.
The week before Christmas I saw a friend/former co-worker at the grocery store. We had not chatted in a while so we crammed a year or so into a few minutes of conversation. As she was taking in a portion of my updates she grabbed my grocery list, penciled a book title along with the author's name on the back, & strongly recommended that I read it. Loving the idea of a new book I added it to my online wish list as soon as I got home. Days later I was excited to see that Joy had posted her end of the year reading list. As I was browsing her list there was the book that my friend had suggested! Just a couple of weeks later, Grace Full Mama announced that she was joining Ruth at GraceLaced for a study of THAT book.
Certainly I believed this was something I should pursue!
My husband bought me THAT book, Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick, for Valentine's (early so I could join the study beginning on January 30). Well, I've not done the first post about what I'm gaining along the way, but I am reading along & personally answering the questions at the end of each chapter. Truly, I'm not just reading the words of this book, I am soaking up the truth of them!
So, though I'm not a timely blogger or an excellent wordsmith I am a-okay, y'all, BECAUSE HE LOVES ME!

No comments:
Post a Comment