Friday, May 21, 2010

Moment by Moment

I am too tired to write, but wanted to post an update on Mama so I'm copying a short email I sent out today & posting it here...

The last time I updated I believe Mama had moved to a room from ICU & seemed to be improving. That was on Friday, the 14th & Daddy was planning to preach on Sunday, the 16th. Early Sunday morning (3AM), Daddy called my brother to say that Mama's breathing was labored. Byron (my brother) called me & we all made our way to the hospital. Mama was in respiratory distress & had to be put on a ventilator. Since then, she's had many, many issues (high white blood cell count indicating infection who-knows-where, bottomed-out blood pressure several times, high platelet count, lack of kidney function w/ the threat of dialysis, etc.). As a last resort attempt to find out what was causing her to be so sick, she was taken for a high-risk stomach surgery. Three times our family has been told to "do this or she will die". The surgery was one of those times, but she made it & she is still making it by the grace of our mighty God. Her reports today (Day 21) are better, but she is still a critically ill lady.

Thank you for your continued prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is heavy for you and your family. Sometimes things are so hard to understand.

Hugs and prayers to you and yours.

Jeanette said...

You are all in my continually prayers!