Sunday, January 25, 2009

Exiled & Excited About It!!

My brother-in-law preached from 1 Peter 1 tonight at church. He brought out something in 1 Peter 1:17 that really ministered to me.


"If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth." 1Peter 1:17

Now, I am not able to give it to you like Bubba gave it to us, but this was what I got from it. He said that "stay on earth" means "in exile". As Christians, we are exiled here. We should walk & talk differently than those who have made this world their home.

That's good teaching if you ask me!

Really stop & consider it.

I know that this is just my temporary home. I know that I'm just passing through. However, to think that I am exiled here just puts it in a new light.

One day my Rescuer will come & take me Home! Hallelujah!

In the meantime I need to work on being different from the ones who are taking up residence here. That's the challenge.

No comments: